Arsenal vs PSV - Match preview
Arsenal will face PSV Eindhoven in UEFA Champions League starting on 20 Sept 2023 at 19:00 UTC at Emirates Stadium.
The Gunners haven't participated in Europe's top club competition in six long years, but a successful 2021/22 season saw Mikel Arteta's team secure a long-awaited Champions League berth, which helped lessen the blow of their failed title challenge.
Arsenal received a favorable group stage draw as reward for their UCL comeback, placing them in Group B with PSV, Sevilla, and Lens. The Dutch team, PSV, is the first opponent for the Gunners; nevertheless, PSV has undergone significant change since they last faced Arteta's team in the Europa League.
Now that Peter Bosz is in charge, Eindhoven has already noticed his distinctive values. With four straight victories, they currently sit atop the Eredivisie, but Arsenal has also had a successful start to the season, which continued with a victory over Everton on Sunday.
When does play begin? Wednesday, September 20
What time does play begin? 20:00 (BST), 19:00 UTC
Where is it played? Emirates Stadium
Referee: Felix Zwayer
Arsenal Team News
- Gabriel Martinelli injured his hamstring when rushing through to score a goal that was ultimately disallowed, adding to Arsenal's list of known absences that already included Thomas Partey (groin), Jurrien Timber, and Mohamed Elneny (both knee).
- David Raya was also brought on for Aaron Ramsdale, but Arteta suggested he will continue to cut back and change goalkeepers as the season progresses.
PSV Team News
- PSV also had problems with one of their main attackers this weekend, when winger Noa Lang was forced off the field 11 minutes into the second half against NEC and became a doubt for the trip to England.
- Defensive trio Armando Obispo, Fredrik Oppegard and Mauro Junior were all taken to the treatment room.
Head to Head (h2h)
- Last meeting: PSV Eindhoven 2-0 Arsenal (Oct 2022)
Predicted Starting XI:
Arsenal: Ramsdale; White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko; Odegaard, Rice, Vieira; Saka, Jesus, Trossard
PSV Eindhoven: Benitez; Teze, Ramalho, Bella-Kotchap, Dest; Schouten, Veerman; Bakayoko, Saibari, Lozano; De Jong